Thursday, July 29, 2010

2:53 am

you know its a good time to blog when its 2.53 am. oh the joys of being a night owl. nothing good happens after 2 am. false. my thinking happens. whats up post 2am thinking. im actually pretty tired, but i have stuff on my mind. i shall unload it like a huge dump.

i have done absolutely nothing since being back in america. unproductive..yes. awesome..also yes. i knew i would take a couple days to just unwind and be a loaf. america is definitely soaking back in. ive got to experience free tap water and refillable fountain drinks. it was delightful. ive got to experience chinese food on a daily occasion. its been delightful. ive got to experience english speaking people. frick yes. ive got to experience the love of a family and friends. this i cherish the most. im turning 23 in a couple of months and i must admit, that being home the past week has been one of the best times ive spent w my parents.

this post goes out to all the parents out in the world. well no..jk it really doesnt. this one goes out to my mom. her bday was last monday. she turned......20. no but she seriously doesnt look her age. go mom. but anyways...ive grown to really appreciate my mommers over the years. i know that sounds a little foolish, but in all honesty, i have really given my mom a chance to grow on my heart. i mean..day in and day out she does what she does. she takes of work and customers, a home, a family, food (at times), cleaning, financial stuff, worrying stuff. just bout everything. and shes still hopping at her ripe age. still has a sense of humor. her english is still a tad off, but i enjoy it a lot bc i get to make fun of her. she just keeps trucking. an honorable woman. a woman to be loved and appreciated. i think something that really opened my eyes was this past tuesday. it was her day off. i slept in til 230. it was awesome. but i had a friend staying over who was interviewing for a job in dallas. he shall be unnamed but most people can figure it out. anyways..job interview..new life stage..all that jazz. a lot going on. a lot of pressure. a lot of stress. just a lot of things you know? and out of left field (my left field at least), my mom tells me we should pray and give praise to God for this opportunity for my pal. my first reaction was...wait..what? you want to pray?. not gonna life. my family isnt super spiritual. subpar spiritual if that. hints and shades? yes but i dunno..the notion of religion is saturated in the leu household. i pray it will be one day tho. i really do. i can only recount a few instances in my life where our family has like earnestly came together and pray. or ask for prayer. or like just pray in a geninue, wholehearted way. i was taken back at my moms request. i was kinda confused. but at the same time i was encouraged. and happy. and just in awe of it. there are biblical principles and ideas that the man of the house is to lead. lead in many aspects. one of the being a spiritual leader. no knock on my dad, but more of a uplift-tion to my mom. my mom has definitely been a huge spiritual proponent in my life. seemingly leading our family when she can. i value that. i respect that. i love that. from the first time we really talked about the bible my freshmen year in college to just praying together and talking about spiritual stuff, my mom has been more than a worldly mom. God has been gracious. God has been good. i desire for a woman like my mom. i know people say that allllll the time. well, throw me in that group. a woman who seems to do it all. a woman who isnt fearful of embarassment or rejection. strong. independent. a woman who can lead when she needs to. a woman who desires to "listen to loud Jesus music" to calm her spirits. a woman to love and to be loved. monkeys me..thats my mom. this ones for you. i enjoy our conversations (english, chinese, chinglish). i enjoy how you yell through the phone. i enjoy (for the most part) your redundancy of questions. but most of all, i enjoy how you replicate what a woman of God looks like. i hope we continue that bond. may my future lover of leu be all these things (broken english optional).

you know your mom's cool when she lets you do her 'do
hahaha.


currently on my mind: sanctus real - lead me

1 comment:

  1. That is such an awesome post, Leu. Praise God for your mom, and praise God for her to have you as a son :).

    ReplyDelete