Monday, March 5, 2012

Acts 4:23-31

The world is very similar in how it reacts to the Gospel as the world back in Jesus' days. The rulers of the land, or the "wise" ones, were afraid of change and transformation. They were afraid of what the power of Christ could really bring to the world...so they rejected it. It seems very natural and many couldn't fault that. Many people today couldn't fault that either. Radicals are met headstrong by the conservatives and vice versa. Anything that seems uncomfortable will be met by opposition. But the Apostles were firm in the truth they believed in. Sure, not everyone believes in the same faith, the same God, the same Savior of life. But one thing they did not lack was the desire to boldly proclaim. However that is something the modern Christian movement seems to lack. Or maybe it's just me. I love worshipping the Lord. But, do I move with boldness? Do I carry myself with a Gospel of boldness? No, not really. Maybe it's because I don't pray for it. My heart may long for it, but my soul hasn't been.

No comments:

Post a Comment