Monday, March 19, 2012

Acts 7

It's still hard to imagine being a martyr for Christ. Shouldn't we all be for the sake of the Gospel? I guess some could beg to differ, but in Acts 7 we see Stephen, a man full of wisdom and grace. It even says he had a face of an angel (v15). Not sure what that looks like, but I bet it looks good. He's taken before the council because people are once again...jealous. He preaches to the people about the Old Testament and how all the events that led up to this point was God's plan so that He would be glorified as the Creator of everything. Yet the people just go crazy and are enraged (once again) with being called out. They eventually cast him out and stone him to death.

Though it doesn't look quite the same nowadays, the concept is still the same. When truth is spoken to someone hardened with their own self-righteousness, there's not much reception for it. Rather it's jealousy and anger. To them it doesn't matter if it's right or wrong, it's offensive so it must be ignored. How silly does that look? Well in retrospective it always does. But when will we have a heart that doesn't see things in retrospect, but in the heat of the moment. I feel that lack of wisdom. I'm so quick to ignore and reject truth. It's truly a sad thing because I waste great moments to show that God is on my heart. Rather it shows the opposite. I can only continue praying that God will mold my heart to resemble His own.

No comments:

Post a Comment