Friday, November 16, 2012

Live, Learn, Abide

It's funny how I graduated college hoping the God would use me to do great things in the corporate world. The corporate world is a tough, tough world. Much of it lies in the money, power, and deceitfulness of personal gain. But I've been encouraged this week as God has used my coworker to shed great truth to me. I thought it would be me sharing truth to others, but God has been bigger than that in using others to share truth with me. It's great to share spiritual encouragement with a fellow brother even if work suffocates us. He shared how many Christians love to profess their faith and trust in God, but stop at that. How we will pray for His sovereignty, but fail to join in the partnership with Him. How we expect things to be placed in our laps, sitting right before us. Rather he encouraged me to not only trust in the Lord and pray earnestly for His sovereignty, but to also be aware of the doors He opens and to pursue righteous things with God in mind. He didn't say it word for word like that, but the message was clear to me. Our God is a God of relationships. He wants us to partake in the joys of the world with Him. When we pray for things, He expects us to join Him in these prayers. Too many times I have earnestly prayed for the future or the many question marks in my life and kinda just sat back and been a spectator. Maybe God wants me to get up and get with it. I see God opening doors and yet sometimes I'm just so insecure to step forward. I use to hate question marks in life. I use to hate myself for being so insecure with trust and loyalty. What's done is done. I'm looking forward to 2013 to be a year to really be led by faith. I cherish my faith, but I need to cherish my actions too. I don't want to be a spectator anymore. I want to take some risks and know that God is with me taking those same risks.

Fear not. Take risks. Abide in Him. In it to win it, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment