Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Acts 2:14-41

This passage is Peter's sermon at Pentecost. It's his encouragement to his fellow apostle brothers to have hope and be steadfast to the faith of knowing who Jesus is because everything that was prophesied before their time has been true. So he speaks of the past, present, and future and invites the Spirit to be with them as they journey forth.

Man, I think it'd be cool to meet Peter and just listen to his testimony. A man that once denied Jesus on many occasions, yet a brother who was amped for the Gospel. How opposite of stances to have, yet he was a man just like many men today. I see myself denying Christ so many times. Stubborn to my own ways. Stubborn in succumbing to life's tempting pleasures. To think of it...I'm probably consistently denying Christ in my walk. Yet, I call myself a firm believer. I think one of the scariest things is the fraud in me. When I read in verse 19-21 where it talks about Jesus returning and how they'll be blood, fire, and vapor of smoke...or how the sun will be turned into darkness and only those who call on the Lord shall be saved....I wonder how my heart will be. Will I be so foolish in denial or will I be charged to follow?

This journey has been tough. This journey will continue to be tough. But what if we got a better glimpse like King David? It says in verse 26-28 "therefore my heart was glad (when he saw the Lord), and my tongue rejoiced; my flesh also will dwell in hope. For you will not abandon my soul to Hades, or let your Holy One see corruption. You have made known to me the paths of life; you will make me full of gladness with your presence." I'm desperately wanting that to be my psalm. May my heart be glad and may my tongue rejoice. May God's presence be my full gladness.

No comments:

Post a Comment