Sunday, January 15, 2012

2012: Desiring God

Man, it's been more than a year since my last blog. I miss the days where I had time just to express my thoughts and experiences. It's a sad thing once you graduate and start to work...there seems to be no time for anything. But alas, here we are in 2012. A new year, a new start. I praise the Almighty God for bringing me this far in life. He is a kind, just, loving God who has provided a lot of joys and sufferings that I never really counted in 2011, so I don't want to make that mistake this year.

This blog will be decided this year to my daily devotions. Nothing fancy. Nothing elaborate. Just my thoughts on what I read each day (hopefully daily). The goal is not to express thought-provoking or insightful. The goal is to build a habit to read and to jot down whatever the Spirit compels. Since I've struggled the last 23 1/2 yrs of reading the Bible, I'll try this and see if it works. I'll start with reading for 5-10 mins and then write for 5-10 mins. Once the time is up, it's up. I hope to increase the time each month and hopefully I'll read for hours without wanting to stop. My desire for the year is to pursue God with all my heart, to build habits that make me yearn for wisdom and truth, and to ultimately equip myself better to share the Gospel. Time is a precious thing. I hope I do not waste my time here on Earth on myself. May God be glorified each and every day. Amen.

Mark 8:31-9:1

A good reminder that many times man just thinks about man. Makes sense to me since we are man, but at the same time, we shouldn't be satisfied to think as man. If I'm striving to know Christ and be like Christ...then I should think like Christ. I like how Jesus rebukes Peter saying he doesn't have in mind the concerns of God but merely humans (v33). Makes me wonder what my real concerns are. Are they only for man? Or for God? I do concern about work, relationships, day-to-day stuff...I guess that's pretty worldly. I guess I only think about God's concerns on the weekends when I'm in fellowship with a biblical community. That's pretty sad. I hope I can desire more time during the weekdays.

"What good is it for you to gain the whole, world, yet forfeit your soul? Or what can you give in exchange for your soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment