Monday, January 30, 2012

Mark 12:1-12

The parable of the tenants. I've read this story a few times, but it hasn't been a memorable one so reading it tonight was a nice realization to who God is and who man is. At first read, I wasn't sure how the parable was going to end so when I read how the people would beat and kill the servants who were sent, I was taken aback. Then when the owner sent his beloved son, they disrespected and murdered him not the reason like the ones sent before him, but so they could take his inheritance. And thus the connection was made. Of course we are the tenants. We live off the land that is not ours. We did not create it, we do not own it, we really don't even deserve it. Yet for some reason, we feel like we have this ownership and authority to rule over it. I think that can mean a lot of things in life: family, friends, house, money, jobs, breathe of life..I dunno...anything and everything. I'm glad Jesus used parables to teach the people. Its nice to establish a connection with something meaningful than have someone shove something down your throat. I guess that's why we are preaching towards building a meaningful relationship with someone first than just reciting the Gospel. As I continue to wrestle with what the Gospel looks like in my life, I am thankful that the Word of God continually shows me good examples of how to be like Christ. I do hope I can be more consistent with living with a repentant and convicted heart. I need to remember how not to be a tenant of the vineyard, but rather a servant to the Master.

No comments:

Post a Comment