Friday, January 20, 2012

Mark 10:1-16

Jesus handles a question about divorce. Kinda outta left field, but well..Jesus is up to it of course. Jesus states it pretty clear that divorce is man-made and made from the deceit of man's heart. Actually he even says that it's from the "hardness" of the heart (v5) that man made this get-out-of-marriage certificate. But rather, just as God intended in the beginning that male and female should be one, Jesus reiterates that and says that "let not man separate". Kinda sad what society has made out of man-made laws and just from the stubbornness of our own hearts, we get what we want whenever we want. People consume this kind of culture bc it feels good and it feels right. Oh how mistaken we have become. We are so jaded in our own selves that we fail to realize God's commands. God lays it out pretty clearly in the beginning. And His hope was meant to just last some time...it was meant to last forever til the end of time (which never really ends..thats the kicker). So then how can I strive to stay faithful to God's command? First, I need to stay faithful to God. To desire Him. Pursue Him. To love Him and to receive His love and mercy. I know it sounds all Sunday Schoolish..but well, that's what I really need. I need to read more and ask for a heart like Jesus (go big or go home). And when I marry...well then I need to not only love someone, but to love with someone so we become one. To be one in loving God. To be one in loving others. Wow...seems like a tall task. But my prayer is that as God continues to mold me, He will show me how to do that. May my heart not be hardened to the ways of man, but may it be compelled to grasp the beauty and grace of a Father's love. I need to be like a child of God. To trust Him in everything and to be faithful that my Father will provide. (That's what Jesus pretty much says in v13-16). Santa got nothing on Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment