Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mark 11:27-33

Another day, another great lesson from God. It's always good to reflect on foundation of your beliefs. It's always good to wrestle with the underlining identity to what you believe in. I thank the Lord for tonight's discussion on faith. I've always just accepted it and rarely do I sit and just think about why my faith is so real. Or what makes my faith who I am. Sounds counter intuitive to someone who calls himself a Christian, right? Well yeah..right. But I'm glad I got to really hear how other people's faith shapes who they are. It gave me a greater appreciation of just how complex God made this world and how intricate each person's mind really is. Faith looks different for a lot of people. To me, it's knowing that God will prevail. It's knowing that there is a God and a God who does love this world and the people he created. However screwed up this world is and how much "evidence" that God couldn't possibly exist or what not...well I have faith that there will be a day where I can share in the same joy Jesus does when he worships the Father in Heaven. That sounds pretty great to me. That is something that I look forward too. That faith drives me to desire God. That faith helps shape how I think and how I encourage others. It's not by seeing...it's by believing that something so unreal can be so real. Now that's unreal. I don't know if this passage has anything to do with faith...well I'm sure it doesn't, but my heart was on this matter so I couldn't waste a chance to share. The passage does show a pretty cool-guy aspect of Christ. Christ knew His calling. He was obedient to it and wanted everyone to know. But you know how I know Jesus was a cool guy? Bc he's like the smart teacher at school who doesn't just give you the shortcuts and answers to the problems. He drops hints and reminders so you discover the true beauty of knowledge and wisdom. And then you're able to recognize that that teacher actually taught you something. Jesus didn't need to tell all the high priests and scribes what every little thing in life was, or who gave him authority, etc, etc. He invited them along for the ride so they could experience the beauty of truth and redemption. Yeah, that's the kind of guy I'd like to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment